Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Whenever I Want You, All I Have To Do Is Dream

So this morning I woke up at a decent hour and got dressed in a flash and ran out to the car and we drove up to Boulder Creek to get our nails done. Mine are dark blue with sparkles; pretty ace.

Anyway, on the way back, I decided I wanted my hair done. We had Mexican for lunch, well, I had chips. Then we went to the redwood forrest for a little bit and didn't walk around since it was too cold, but I climbed up on this huge sign and my mom took my picture on it.

We got back into town and stopped off at the local cosmetology school to see if I could get my hair done. I could! This hot metal chick named Grace did my hair. She had some ace tattoos, including a huge elaborate spade right over her throat. She said she had gotten some Johnny Thunders lyrics on her ribs and that hurt so badly that everything else is a walk in the park. I don't care. I still want Psalm 23 down the right side of my ribcage and something else on the other side as well.

I guess I've decided to fuck it all, because I've got my hawk back. Haha... I can't seem to stay away from it. I love it though. The whole process took three hours! First she shaved it back into a hawk because it was uneven and the sides had gotten long. Anyway, we bleached it all out, died the top red, coon-tailed the fringe red and black, and then put black zebra stripes on the sides. It's aces high and a half. Pictures coming later. Anyway, my online buddy Kate came in while I was looking super dorky with foil all in my face so we finally got to meet which was totally stellar. She was great.

Anyway, I hung out at home on facebook for a bit before discovering that my sort-of aunt Pat died yesterday morning. I was horrified because it was totally unexpected, I'm basically half a world away right now, and she really helped raise me. She and my mum were roommates in nursing school before they started dating and then they were best friends after that. But we haven't been as close in recent years, but when my "cousin" Jesse and I were young, we always went over there Christmas afternoon. I'm really going to miss her. She was always a lot of fun when we did see each other. Mum and I are going to the funeral since I'll be back by then.

I made some fierce bread pudding while talking on the phone to my awkward uncle Dave. He's so great. I haven't talked to him in forever, but we really get each other and when I'm home, I'll be calling him a lot I think since it's free as we both have Verizon, besides, he's really a laugh. He's a guitar player/computer programer and a total paranoid pessimist. I love him. Anyway, he's coming for Christmas which should be really great. I'm excited!

I'm totally jet lagged still, which I'm pretty stoked about because I'd rather not adjust to this time zone, thank you very much. I'll be sleeping now.

No comments: