Saturday, December 6, 2008

Falling Down The Wall; Strategically

This morning when I woke up freakishly early it was snowing like hell, so naturally I checked to make sure Pine Knob would be opened, of course it was. I called around to see if anyone wanted to go, which they didn't, so I went back to sleep until noonish, when I woke up again, it was still snowing and I couldn't wait another day to go boarding. So, at 2:30 I left in jeans and a sweatshirt. I couldn't be bothered to find my actual gear.

Anyway, I got there at about 3, got my ticket and hit the hills straight away. The powder was SWEET. Best weather I've had on a boarding day in a few years at least. I made some friends and stuck with them for entertainment. We braved "The Wall" which is this horrible mogul ridden nearly vertical, ice covered, double black diamond slope. I've discovered that it is impossible to board the wall on your back edge, it must be done on the front edge and you have to be careful not to decapitate your boarding buddies... not that that actually happened.

After that, we decided to go into the lodge for a while to get warm.
It didn't work.

After tearing it up for a few more hours, I decided to call it a night as I was bloody freezing and my jeans were soaked. My last run was completely epic, just so you know. I think I came.

Instead of driving home in my board boots and wet jeans, I stripped to my underwear and a hoodie in the parking lot, got hit on, and changed into black skinnies and my moon boots. So much more comfy. It didn't really matter anyway because the jeans were doing nothing to keep me warm and my legs were 100% numb, and I actually decided to wear underwear today, so yeah, it all worked out fine.

On my way home, I stopped at maccas for some fries and then 7-11 for some candy and a Juno blue slurpee. Ace.

I have a terribly exciting bruise and I'm pretty sure I died a little on The Wall. I love fucking myself up while boarding.

No comments: