Monday, November 24, 2008

Silently Reflection Turns My World To Stone

Today I woke up at 8 am, feeling positively ghastly, checked my facebook, and promptly went back to sleep until noon. At noon, I woke up still feeling like complete and utter crap. Great. I had a fun conversation with Jeremy though, which was a plus.

I went downstairs to make something to eat and discovered that the oven was entirely full of pots and pans… I didn’t know people actually did that, but now I know where the pots are for next time I want to make soup. I was feeling a little better at around 3 after having had a whole bunch of ice cream and hot chocolate powder to eat, so I rang up my mother and told her that instead of having sushi with her tomorrow for lunch, I thought we should have it tonight for dinner. She agreed, so that was settled.

I’m pretty glad that I brought my sleeping bag with me when I moved instead of packing it up, because I can honestly say that I think if I hadn’t, I might have had frost bite by now as my house lacks central heating, or any heat for that matter. My roommates keep telling me to buy a space heater but I really don’t have the money and with the sleeping bag and sweatshirts that I’m constantly enclosed in when I’m home, only my hands get cold, which I can totally deal with. I’m not entirely sure how this affects my immune system, but I’ll be gone in January, so I’m sure it can’t be all that bad.

Half-way between youtube and television, I remembered just how much I love Michael Jackson’s music. But then again, I love all music. I related this to Libby and she realized how much she also loves Michael Jackson’s music. The best part about his music, is that it’s all so easy to dance to. I also got to thinking how hilarious I look doing a lip curl… and how amusing it is that I actually convinced a security guard that I am Elvis Presley’s (illegitimate) granddaughter because of it, but I could be, who knows; I was adopted, talking of which, my biological mother would now be about 36, interesting.

I went to my parents’ house and we loaded some things into my car and then I headed out to the sushi restaurant with my mother. I stuffed myself with rice and veggies and then took a shivery walk around the corner to the Starbucks to get some hot chocolate and a cappuccino for my mother. I was warm and toasty on the way back. I got my mum and we went to the parking garage and got my car then drove to her apartment.

I helped her load things out of the car and brought them into her apartment for her. Stole some soymilk. And then left. Just before I got home, I stopped into a 7-11 and got a huge disgusting multi-flavor slurpee. It was 40 oz of blue raspberry, cherry, and something orangey. Delicious! Anyway, since the 7-11 is right around the corner from my house , I’ll probably frequent it from now on.

Anyway, I was listening to Metro Station on the way home and came to the conclusion that even though The Killers and Silverstein are my two favourite bands, Shake It is decidedly my favourite song. I can listen to it all day, every day… and sometimes I do.


ps. thanks for reading my blog Rob!!!

No comments: