Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Making Christmas

I have no idea when I last updated this blog… whether it was before Friday or after. It makes a huge difference, so I guess I’ll just blog for Friday and if it turns out that I already did, I’ll just delete the section, because currently I’m sitting in Anthropology and I have no internet access. Suckage!!!!

Never mind. I just got half-way through Friday before I remembered that I had already blogged about it. Oh well…

So… Saturday I woke up bright and early, went home, packed some clothes and such, then went to pick up mum. I drove to the Walkerville station in Windsor. It smells like beer there… oh yum! I love that smell.

The train ride there wasn’t too bad. My headphones broke. Great. When we got there, it was rainy and gross. Fun… We took, a taxi to our hotel, put our stuff in the room, and then ventured out into the rain to eat yummy vegan food at Fressen on Queen West. We got there and it was totally booked up. Great…

Oh, I forgot to mention… for some reason, I was under the (mistaken) impression that it would be rather warm and balmy in Toronto, so all I brought was a sweatshirt. Fun.

We walked around in the freezing cold rain for a little while before getting a cab. The driver was from Africa or something and didn’t really speak English very well, so we basically spewed out a bunch of bull shit at him. He told my mother that I’m very pretty and look like Boy George. Great…

So anyway, we decided just to go back to the hotel and eat there. The food was pretty good and The Notebook was on TV in the restaurant. After dinner, we went upstairs and watched TV until we fell asleep.

The next morning, we had breakfast at Eaton and went out to find an internet café and check out Craig’s List. I found a place pretty quickly and called to see when I could go check it out. It’s in an amazing neighbourhood two feet away from Yonge between College and Dundas, right down the street from Eaton and 2 underground stations.

I got the place. It’s a 4-story building with 1 porch and 2 balconies. I have 9 roommates and I’m moving in January. It’s a short walk from anywhere I could possibly want to go. After that, we went shopping at Eaton. I got 2 way cute shirts at Boathouse. One says “Kiss Me, I don’t smoke.” And the other is just really cute and has cassette tapes on it. I also got a boss new pair of green and black Skull Candy headphones; my signature accessory, as I was the first person to have a pair that I know. It’s my 4th pair… well, sort of, my 3rd pair were just ear buds. We mostly hung out in the hotel after that and watched Hancock before going to sleep.

Monday morning, we had breakfast in the hotel and then went to check out Marvel. After a terrifying subway ride, we got there. Now, I love subways, but traveling with mum and her ridiculous walker which, I have to carry up and down all the stairs with her is a pain in the fucking ass. I hate it.

The director was super nice and he really liked me. I’m so excited to start school there. He was like, “You’re kind of a funky person...” and I’m like, yeah totally, so he’s like, “Yes… I’m checking you out. You should probably work somewhere on Queen West,” and I was like, hell yeah.

So after that, we went shopping again, then I went and met with my landlord Marco. After that, I met mum back at Eaton, we went shopping more and then had some food. I found a new tattoo artist. He’s like Miss Kitty and used to work in a real shop, but now works out of his apartment. Bombass! I'm so fucking cheap... haha. So then we went back to the hotel and I forced mother to watch The Dark Knight with me as she hadn’t seen it yet.

This morning, I nearly killed mum by dropping Pieter Van Den Hoogenband’s name while she was drinking her coffee. Nice… We packed up our stuff and headed out to the train station. We got to board first since she is handi-capped. Sweetness.

The train ride was pretty boring since my internet doesn’t seem to be working… grrr!! I’ll need to get that fixed…

Anyway, I talked to Libby for a while and managed to drop my phone and pop it out of the case while I was falling over mum to get to the bathroom. I talked to Libby and Carol for a while after that before getting home. Yay home.

I only had an hour or so at home before I had to go to Anthropology, which is where I am now. On my way here, though, I called John over at Ink Slingers and checked to make sure that he is free tomorrow. He is, and I’m going over to get one of my wings shaded. Although I don’t really have the money yet, I will soon and I’ll make sure to give him half of my weekly pay each week in December. Yay! I’ll be so glad to have $100 per week instead of $50 like I have now. I’m glad he’ll do it even if I don’t quite have the money yet. He <3s me!

Anyway… this class sucks, so I’m probably going to leave and go home to upload this online and then talk to people online and be a dork. Yay! My battery is dying…

Yeah... I left class. Now I'm talking about sex with Libby and watching A Nightmare Before Christmas.

No comments: