Thursday, November 13, 2008

Flying Shoes

Last night, I went to sleep at about 5 pm. I woke up at 12 am and could. not. sleep.

I did nothing until about 4 at which point I took a shower and got dressed. At 4:30 I went and picked up Corey from his house. We got gasoline and were on the road by about 5. We got there at 8:30 am and the city was empty. We walked around for a few hours. I was totally buggin' because there were already tour busses at the HOB. Fuck yeah.

At about 10 we went to Quiznos and got foodage... talking of which... my sandwich is still in my car somewhere. Fortunately, it's cold enough out that it should be fine until later when I go and get it. It was a yummy sandwich. Two tour busses pulled up behind the venue at about 10:30 or so, I guess and I was super excited. I found some fun little people to hang with because I was getting kind of tired of Corey. He's soooooo annoying.

Mallory and Melanie were their names, I think. Anyway, they were waiting outside of the HOB eatery because if you buy food, you get in first. So, after a while, we joined them. I had a salad. We had this awesome waiter who was like, here... have some free tickets and use this other table's receipt. I was like, okay then! We waited outside for two hours until it was 2:30. But during that time, Mallory stole Corey's hat, put it on my head, and I went running with it. He caught up and got it, and I was like, "But I still have your hoodie!" So then he was chasing me again and like, behind the HOB there are some restaurants and this creeper was like, peering into the window of one of them, and I screamed because Corey was chasing me and the creeper is like, "WOAH!!!! AAAAHHHH!!" it was the funniest moment of my life. I almost peed.

So anyway, we waited in the cold room forever. The lead singer of Alesana walked by which was fun. I had no idea who he was. Shane walked by. I was too shocked to say anything. Craig was walking by signing autographs and stuff, so we went and gave him Sour Patch Kids candy that M&M had gotten him. He gave the three of us hugs, and then stopped by us in line on his way out to tell us to come to his merch table after the show.

Mallory and I heard music, so we went out into the hall and it was fucking stein!!!! They were playing Broken Stars and sounded AMAZING. I screamed and totally freaked out. Haha, like... I kind of leaned against a wall and slid down it and sat there shaking until some lady was like, oh, here, sit on this wall instead. It was amazing and they sounded SOOOOOO effing good. OMG.

So after that, we went back in and waited until 6. We were like... 4th in and were right against the barrier to the left of centre. Perfect!!! So A Skylit Drive was first and they were awesome. Jag is so pretty. After them, Alesana played. They were all wearing the same thing and they looked HOTTT. I um... totally molested Shawn. He was standing on the barrier, and like... yeah... it was right there. After the show, I told him, and he was like, oh, that's not bad. I once got stuck and this girl was trying to get her hand through the zipper in my pants, but I wear girl pants with small zippers, so it didn't fit. Creepy!!!

Escape The Fate was on next. Max Green is so divine. Right when they started playing though, I looked over Max's shoulder and Billy was watching from back stage. Shane was there too. I flipped out and started crying. It was kind of crazy. Like... I was literally sobbing and jumping up and down. I was like, wow, I'm such a spaz; but they're a bit like the Beatles when I'm in concert mode. Otherwise, I'm cool... haha. But watch out if I'm in a pit of sweaty people against a barrier, I can't make any promises since I just kind of throw myself completely into it.

So it took FOREVER and a day for Silverstein to set up. But when they did, they were AMAZING. Ohmygod. Billy dances so crazy, I love it. I need to take head banging lessons from Josh... I don't know how he manages to do that while playing. I would fall over. But yeah... they were epic. There was this adorable guy behind me and I let him put his arms around me, haha. They played a bunch of awesome old songs, but they also played Broken Stars, of course. It was great. I was sooo super excited because they played Love With Caution, and that's totally my song. Epicness!!! It was so fucking mint. Shane did My Heroine acoustic, and then the rest of the band came back and finished it electric.

Gah... it was just so good. So after, Shane was throwing water bottles into the crowd, and I was screaming his name, and he looked right at me and tossed me the last one, and it bounced off of my fucking hand. I was like DAMMIT! Epic fail for me. I left straight after that and went to hang out by the merch tables. I chilled with Stephanie and Amanda. Stephanie taught me how blackberry messenger works. If only I had someone to talk to... haha.

So Max came in from having a smoke and got ambushed by some girls wanting a pic, so I waited until they were done then walked through the little crowd and was like, Hey Max. He was like, ooh! hey! And grabbed me for a hug. We talked for a bit and he totally remembered me. I think it's because of what I asked by accident last time... hahaha. I met some other little Stein fans which was fun. Jag remembered me... well, everyone remembered me pretty much. Apparently I'm amazing.

I was SOOOO pissed though. Silverstein dipped out the door like... 10 seconds after they got off stage and didn't even go by the merch tables. I found out like... 20 minutes later that they were gone and I was sooo mad. But whatever. We left and I got tired of driving, so when we stopped for gas, I parked at the Maccas across the street and slept for 3 hours. It was so punk rock, haha. After that, I finished driving home, managed not to get lost in Detroit for once, and got home at about 7 in the morning. Fun stuff. Tonight, I'm making vegan cookies for Friday so that Billy can have some too and I'm going to bed early!!!

<3

edit: made cookies. ate them all. were amazing.

No comments: