Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change

For the first time in nine years, I can say with complete honesty, I am proud to be a citizen of the United States of America.

For the past nine years I have said that I was Canadian. Which I am as I have dual citizenship, but never once was I at all proud to be an American. I was mortified. The past four years have been even worse. If John Kerry had been elected, I could say, okay, this country made a mistake the first time they elected George Bush. But no. He was reelected for a second term. How that could happen is beyond me, but it was shameful. We got comfortable not working to make change in this country. We had Clinton for eight years. We got lazy and said, well, I guess George Bush isn't too bad. A second term used to be reserved for the best of presidents, which George Bush clearly was not. But this past year or so, we've come out of that laziness and have begun to embrace change, and I am so glad that we have. Right now, this country is in the mud, and we're slowly starting to drag it back out.



Anyway, that's just what I was thinking about when I was driving around this morning. Anyway, I woke up super early, when to Java Hut, got amazing chai tea, and then went to go take the first part of my GED test. Which I will only be taking once because I am that smart. And I didn't study. So I got there, hung out with some fellow Obama fans. Talked about a bunch of things, and then went to take my test. It was on composition and science today. I'm positive I did very well. The writing portion was awesome. Usually on writing tests, you get some dumb essay about school uniforms or whatever. I got to write an essay on who I would spend the day with if I could spend it with anyone. There is really only one answer I could ever possibly respond with when asked that question, the late great John Lennon.

After that, I came to my parents' house and filled out my job applications. Yay. I need to get a job and save at least $200 in order to move to Toronto, so I'm probably not going to be attending any shows that I don't already have tickets for, and I'm going to kiss getting inky goodbye for a while. Shame really, because my artist just lurves working on me. I'll come visit him often though. Apparently I have excellent skin.

I went to the grocery store and got a bunch of food that I can eat with my mother's $50 that she gave me for it. =] Yee. I've already spent 1/2 of my weekly 50 on that 'stein tattoo. And well spent money it was. When I got back, we hung out for a while and then went to the mall to go shopping and to return my filled out job applications. Then we went to Journey's and got some sweet shoes, and to Pac Sun for pants.

When I got home, I decided to shoot my new clothes, and while I was doing so, my tattoo artist called and said he had free show tickets for me since I'm an awesome customer and he probably didn't want them. Boss! So I'm going to see him tomorrow to pick those up.

So after that, we watched Bones and then House MD and had Tofurkey and Applesauce sandwiches. My fave! Only, now we're out of applesauce. Dammit. I'll upload pics tomorrow. I'm super lazy right now. Sorry.

No comments: