Wednesday, January 28, 2009

People Are Strange

For once, the title lyrics actually apply. The past few days have been full of total weirdos.

So Tuesday I was up dark and early. I went down to Queen W to walk around and window shop, but everything was closed. Lame.

I went to a store to buy some gum and I was talking to my friend Tom on the phone trying to decide what flavours I should get and the sales lady starts screaming at me for wasting her time. It was ridiculous, I wasn't even at the counter. Wtf...

Anyway, after that, I took the street car back to Church, but I wasn't paying attention to the stops and ended up in the sketchy end near old town, which basically looks like the nicer areas of Highland Park. Super ghetto. I got out of there fast and walked up Church, stopping at pawn shops along the way to see if they bought snowboards.

I ended up in a shop with a rather sketchy russian man. They didn't buy snowboards, cameras, or computers. He asked how much money I needed ($200) and he was like "Oh... I might have it... In the back... In my office." And I'm fairly certain he was implying that I have sex with him. I didn't want to be rude and just flat out leave. He asked my name, I told him, he thought it was sexy and asked if I had a boyfriend. Of course I said yes, and then I left because I had to call said boyfriend right away... Eeeeeewwwww super creepy.

This morning, I managed to sell my snowboard!!! I went to Western Union to get my rent money and on my way there, I got hit on... And asked if I had a boyfriend. Of course I said yes. I got the money, dropped it off at home, and then went down to Steve's on QWest.

On the street car, some lady asked the guy across from me if he had "any crack on" him. OMG. He was just like, "nope." And she continued walking. I was in fits of giggles. I went to Steve's and met the coolest dude ever. He was soooo super nice. He helped me get my bass and stuff.

Its the prettiest thing ever. I'm totally in love with it. Anyway, I spent the whole afternoon and evening messing around with it.

Someone was basically leaning on the buzzer... I checked out the security monitor and it was some cracked out hobo with a shovel. Caitlin, Sam, and I were wigging out about it because he was clearly nuts and wanted to be paid for shoveling our walk... Which we asked him not to do as we could ourselves and he had stolen our shovel.

He stood at the door for 10 minutes and then slammed on it with his hand. He then walked down the stairs and shoveled a bunch of snow onto our porch. It was SO funny. But at the same time, we were terrified he would get mad and hit someone with the shovel.

This city is so nuts. I love it.

No comments: