Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How Tachy Of Me

Sorry I was late in updating. Yesterday was super busy and I was very tired.

So, last night I didn't sleep, I just kind of watched movies until morning and then had a doctor's appointment at the UMC. I parked at Children's and took the tunnel to the UMC. I totally got lost on the fourth floor because I had no idea where I was going. So I ended up at some sort of OB/GYN clinic and I kept getting asked if I was pregnant or needed pre-natal care, which was sort of good, I guess since I don't look fat enough to look really pregnant...

Anyway, I found where I was supposed to be going after a while. I was like... two hours early, but I wanted to be able to go to French class later. Okay, that's a total lie. I didn't have any desire to go to French whatsoever, but whatever. Anyway, I got my stats taken and then the nurse insisted that I pee in a cup, but I was totally dehydrated and really didn't have to, so I promised that I wasn't pregnant and skipped it.

After a while, my doctor came in, poked and prodded at me for a bit, asked some questions, and then listened to my heart rate and asked if I had been drinking caffine or doing drugs or something. I was like, uh... no? why? Apparently I was 'tachy' and had tachycardia, which is fancy medical speak for an unusually fast heart-rate. Great. So the doctor gave me a prescription for an EKG, which is one of those heart scans that they do on TV where they stick the thingies on the person's chest and then connect the wires to them.

So I didn't mention that usually I have a weirdly fast heart rate when I don't sleep and am dehydrated because then I would have to go to French class. So I made an appointment for an EKG at the Cardiology clinic at Children's for 1 pm. It was about 11:15 when I left there and I had been there since about 9:30 or so. I went down to the basement floor and took the tunnel to Children's but totally got lost and went to Harper instead. I had to ask the janitor in the elevator wtf hospital I was in.

I eventually made it to the right hospital and took the elevator up to the first floor where the cafeteria is. I got a blue koolade slushie which was super yummy and vegan, because most of the food wasn't vegan and I was only really thirsty anyway. I made a bunch of poffins on my DS while I was sitting in the cafeteria sipping on my slushie. When it was just the crunchy ice stuff left in the cup, I left and went up to the second floor where the Cardiology center is. There was noone there when I got there, so I played with my DS for about an hour. A bunch of people came in and were kind of loud and annoying. There was this one guy in a joker shirt who looked frighteningly like my friend Vaun.

Anyway, this weird new episode of Pokemon was on that had this super annoying mocking bird thing on it which got annoying really quickly. I got to go in way before anyone else and I was super happy to get out of that waiting room. I had to take off my shirt, only I wasn't wearing a bra which was kind of awkward, but it was sort of okay. When I went in, I think The Wiggles was on, which was horrible, so I had the tech change the TV for me, which was good because it changed to TNT which is an excellent station.

She put sticking things all down the front of my rib cage, like, they started up at my clavicles and ended at the very bottom of my ribcage and went between my boobs, but I had a mini hospital robe on backwards, so it wasn't like they were showing, which was good. After all the stickies were on, she connected these cables to each of them. I was kind of afraid I was about to be like, electrocuted or something like that. It was pretty odd.

The scan looked pretty normal apparently. I guess the slushie helped. Because apparently tachycardia is when your heart rate is between 120 and 150 when you're just sitting still and laying down, but mine was only 75. Which might be a little fast, but I don't really know. Anyway, she took the sticky things off, which actually didn't hurt. I was kind of expecting it to be like ripping tape off or something, but I guess it's just like... ultrasound gel that they stick them on with.

After that, I got to leave, so I went to the Verizon store to get my old phone reactivated and then home. But while I was there, I spotted the price of the BlackBerry. I could totally afford one, so I went home and then to the bank to get out some money. Unfortunately, I was $600 overdrawn because the cheque my mother wrote me bounced. Great. So I just went and charged the phone to the account and I'll pay for it later.

I was super tired after that, so I just went to sleep.

No comments: