Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lava Cake

I really couldn’t sleep last night, so I mostly kind of dozed and when I would happen to wake up, I would reset ‘The Golden Compass’ which I kind of had running on re-run all night. At about 4 or 5, I got tired of that and put on ‘A Nightmare Before Christmas’, one of my personal favorites… naturally. At about six, I got up and had breakfast. A fake corndog, pineapples, and the five drops of my soymilk that were left since I’m pretty sure my roommates drank most of it. Thanks guys...

After that, I put some popcorn in the microwave and went and woke up my roommate because he was parked behind me, and the neighbor parks SOOO weird so I really couldn’t get out of the driveway any other way. This was about seven. So anyway, I went and brought my mom the popcorn for breakfast. On my way over, I came to realize something horribly depressing. Summer is 100% and truly over and dead. This is my 18th year and so far, it’s the best year of my life, starting from my birthday, of course.

So anyway, we chilled for a bit, then went to the health food store. I was absolutely flabbergasted to see Hillary Tamm there, because I was pretty sure she was staying at MSU until at least the end of the semester. We had a fun little chat and then my mom and I headed to the mall because I was promised 4 items of clothing and 2 pairs of shoes for my birthday in June and I still hadn’t gotten them.

We went to Hot Topic and I browsed through the gothic Tripp pants, tried some on, and remembered exactly why I don’t wear them. They look ridiculous and highly unattractive, especially on girls. So then I found this amazing bright blue pair of Tripp scene pants, which were crazy awesome. So I tried those on and decided I needed them and another pair of black ones as well. I also got a sleeveless Gir hoodie, which is totally adorable. Love em!

So after that, I popped into Forever 21 and got this sweet grey hat. Viva winter! Anyway, after that, we went to a bike store and checked out all the fixed-gear bikes. I found a totally awesome one. It’s super light and black and awesome. I won’t be able to get it until about Christmas though, but I’m super excited. It’s going to be my main mode of transport when I move to Toronto in January. That and the underground.

Anyway, after that, we came home and I made super yummy lava cakes. We ate them while watching ‘Hocus Pocus’, but I’m pretty sure I fell asleep like, half way through. Oh, and I totally skipped French class to hang out with my dorky mom. But it was so fun!

Anyway, after the movie, I took a nap until 5 or so and then we had dinner and watched ‘Sixteen Candles’. After that, I did the dishes, because I promised. I’ll probably end up staying the night, and then tomorrow Mom will come over and help me put together my dresser… finally, I’ve been putting it off.

No comments: