Sunday, October 24, 2010

Truly

I can't stand it when people use "truly" when stating an opinion. As in... "I truly believe that... blah blah blah." Well no shit? If you didn't think so, why the fuck would you mention it? It's such an idiotic thing to say. Plus if you're like... "reassuring" me of something that doesn't even need to be emphasized in that way, it just makes me think you're lying about it. And anyway, I really don't care what you think so you needn't expend the extra energy ensuring me that you actually think it, anyway.

I fully approve of "I truly mean that." Because really, if it's some weird compliment or something that I'd expect you didn't mean, if you bothered to put truly in, I guess it's important.

I never approve of the word "truely". Please learn to spell.

No comments: