Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Really Really Like The Malfoys

I do. A lot.

For one, they're pretty.

And also wealthy and powerful. Which is attractive.

And yeah, I mean, they're sort of dicks, but I'm kind of a dick too, so it's okay.

My parents always thought I was a nutter for liking them so much because they're "evil". But they're really not at all. Voldemort was evil. And yet I still like him so much more than George W. Bush. Wonder way... But that's really neither here nor there.

My point is that the Malfoys really aren't all that bad. Lucius was super high ranking in terms of Death Eaters, but I think that has more to do with the fact that he's a wealthy and powerful man. As well as being a slimey, sneaky git. I'm sure his descicion to join Voldemort had a lot more to do with wanting to not be dead than it did actual like of the dark lord.

Like really, what else was he supposed to do? As the heir of a prominent pure-blood wizarding family, I feel like he didn't really have another choice that would have left him alive. Yeah, he tortured some muggles, but then again, so did Severus Snape, and everyone still loves him.

Why not love the Malfoys as well? Harry Potter certainly owes his life to Narcissa, seeing as she covered for him and pretended like he was dead. And yeah, this was only for her own benefit in that she and Lucius could go look for Draco and make sure he was safe... but that's kind of adorable isn't it?

Clearly the Malfoy family are very close and love each other muchly. Much more than they care about serving the dark lord, obviously. And family is important. I guess they're more cowardly than anything. And that's not too terrible of a trait.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on that. I can't wait for the new movie to come out... less than a month now!

No comments: