Saturday, March 14, 2009

Verona Lives Inside Of You

This morning I woke up annoyingly early and took a few naps before finally getting up and getting somewhat ready for the show tonight. I took my time because I knew David wouldn't be at my place for a while.

When he did arrive, we got sparkly; me on purpose, him by accident. I finished getting ready and then we took the subway to queen and then the streetcar to the pizza parlour for some yummy pizza before heading out to the venue. We were a little late so there was no line to get in. They confiscated David's whiskey at the door... Hahahaha, and it took forever for them to take my ticket, but I said hey to Shanye in the meantime.

Anyway, we got in and were seperately rocking out to our mp3 players... And then my battery died and I was sad. I didn't dig the openers so much. We went and talked to Shane and Nicole for a bit and I got one of those badass $40 purple hoodies that I've wanted forrrrever (since I'm obsessed with brass knuckles) and then for $20 because Shane is fucking AWESOME!!!!! I luff it!!! Its all fuzzy and American Apparely.

I talked to Nicole forever about Detroity things and such. She's sooo awesome. Haha, she thought I was 20-something, I was like yeah, I'm 18, but I get that a lot. We talked like all through the opening bands, and I met Kevin's girl Carly who is nice; didn't talk to her much though. I like how everyone always thinks I'm like... 23, I don't even know why. But its helpful when trying to get into clubs.

Silverstein was aweesome, especially since there was noone there so I got pushed up to the barrier straight away and noone crowdsurfed over my head. They played a few new songs, (the first three off their new album), and a ton that I'd never seen live, but had always wanted to. Smile in Your Sleep, Call it Karma, Discovering the Waterfront, um... I can't think of the rest off the top of my head, but it was a great set!

Afterward, I went and got to meet PK's girl Courtney who is here visiting him from Texas. They are totally adorable and she's really nice. I also met Josh's girl who is really fun. I can see why those two are together, haha. They were telling me about their cute dog who threw up today. Yummers? Haha.

Josh said I should come to their show in Burlington, and then I told him I was only 18, so he asked PK if I would be allowed anyway if I paid, and he said no, but they both said I should use a fake ID. Hahahahahaha, they're sooo awesome. I conveiniently have 3 fake IDs. However, I don't want to go all the way to Burlington in case it doesn't work, as that would be a waste of $$$

My poor dear wayfarers got lost somewhere behind the stein merch table, but maybe they'll turn up? I hope so. I adore them! Anyway, some security dude got rid of me, so I thanked Shane for the hoodie and got a hug then David and I headed to the streetcar and then went to Macca's. I got frenchfries and a drink.

I love Silverstein!

No comments: