Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Got Mine

On Friday, I went grocery shopping and decided to stop in and see how much a septum piercing would cost. It was only the price of the jewelry. Which was epic cheap for a piercing, so I went ahead and scheduled myself an appointment to get it done at or after 3pm, then went and bought myself some food.

I watched Bones on my computer for a while and then headed down to the parlour around the corner. I had forgotten my ID though, so I went back and quickly got it. I filled out paperwork and then was lead far far away down some twisty hallways with the piercer and his cute asian assistant.

It took half an hour of talking before I let him line up where the piercing would be with the needle and receiving tube. As soon as that was lined up, I was like,just pierce it! So he did. My eyes watered a lot, but it didn't really hurt. It just felt like pressure.

Putting the ring in didn't work so well, so he put a taper through, and after a bit of fiddling, the ring was in and fit and closed. I checked it out in the mirror and it was a little crooked, which I pointed out. He agreed and decided to repierce it using the same beginning point, but a new ending point in order to twist it to fit my slightly devious septum.

It looks pretty great now, still just a little crooked, but it will straighten out as it heals and will look better when I get a curved barbell into it a little later. I totally adore it and I'm super glad I manned up and got it done since I've been wanting it for a while.

I can't wait to get my nostril pierced...

No comments: