Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jurassic Love

When I was in kindergarten, my parents wouldn't let me see Jurassic Park because they thought it would scare me.

This is probably true of most of my favourite movies.

But anyway. When I was in kindergarten, I was like six, so that's 1996/1997. Just before The Lost World was released. So there was a whole bunch of hype about it, but I wasn't allowed to see either one. I loved dinosaurs when I was six. I had books on them that I used to study religiously. I still know that brachiosaurae have multiple brains all along their bodies because they're too big for the signals from just one central brain to react quickly enough to nerve signals. Also, their brains are roughly the size of a tomato. And there are like five of them or something. Also, the zoo was just down the street from my house, so my parents used to take me all the time, which was awesome of them. <3 <3 <3 And at the zoo, they sometimes had this exhibit where they had anamatronic dinosaurs. I was so excited about these. SO. EXCITED.

So anyway. I've always loved dinosaurs, and I always will. As kindergarteners, we had to write books about things we liked this one time. And I decided that Jurassic Park was my favourite movie... even though I had never seen it.

Anyway. The whole point of this, is that a. dinosaurs are amazing, and b. as a six-year-old, I was fucking awesome.

No comments: