Friday, January 28, 2011

Fake Meat

I fucking hate it when people go through the trouble to make me something vegetarian... and then add in fake meat. Like, oh, you can't eat the one with actual meat in it, so here's the same thing, but with fake meat!

Oh. Great. Just what I wanted...

But not really.

The reason I don't eat meat is not because I think animals shouldn't be eaten. If I did, I'd probably take issue with cooking meat, but making a baked chicken is my favourite thing ever... as long as I don't have to eat it. I don't eat meat because I think it's fucking disgusting.
Except for bacon. That shit is magical.

I don't like the way it feels. I don't like the way it looks. I don't like the way it tastes.
Why on earth would I want to eat a synthetic reproduction of it? EW.

I know people are trying to be nice and inclusive and what-not... but seriously? Please just replace the meat with actual veggies instead of veggies pretending to be meat.

Another thing is that since I dont eat meat, you must substitute it with tofu at all times...

Please don't. Firstly, I don't need it. Just veg really is fine. Secondly, too much tofu makes you a porker. And third, if you feel the need to replace meat with tofu, you probably don't know how to cook it correctly and just please don't bother. It's fine without it. Really. I promise.

Now, I'm not trying to complain and say that my roommates are horrible cooks; because they're not! Most of the food they make is quite nice. And I really appreciate their vegetarian efforts.

It's just that tonight, there were like. Some sort of veggies, and then two bowls of ground-beef. One was actually ground-beef, and the other was fake meat. And it was totally separate from the veg, which was super awesome because I fucking hate beef, fake or otherwise. It smells gross and kind of reminds me of poop. Not appetizing at all.

So I just had veg. and then was offered fake ground beef, which I turned down, mentioning that I don't like fake meat. Everyone was all shocked and like, "YOU NEVER SAID SO BEFORE".

You don't WANT to know all of the things I don't like and will refuse to eat if I can get away with it. Someone brought up chili that had been made last week with fake meat in it... but I never actually got around to eating that... and anyway, of course I don't LIKE eating the fake meat, but if it's in something already and I can't easily get rid of it, I'll eat it anyway. But tonight, it was separate, so since I think it's fucking nasty, I didn't have any. I don't really see the problem with that... "It's part of the meal," blah blah. Okay... so why do I have to eat all of every meal when I specifically don't like something? I wasn't the only one who doesn't eat ground beef, so it's not like the fake meat stuff was expressly made for me. Our project leader doesn't eat red meat at all, so it was for her too.

I sometimes just don't eat at all as I'm occasionally not hungry. It has nothing to do with what was made and everything to do with what my stomach is doing at dinner time. If I'm fucking starving but the food looks gross or is something I don't really like, I'll eat it anyway because being hungry isn't fun. But honestly. I don't care if I hurt your feelings by not eating when I'm not hungry. My number one rule is "never eat when you're not hungry" because it just makes you feel really gross. Get over it and realize that it's not the food. It's that I'm not fucking hungry.

As for the list of all foods I have no interest in eating... keep in mind, I'm an insanely picky eater:
Blueberries
Celery
Seafood
Lima beans
All meat but bacon, turkey bacon is also acceptable
All fake meat
All types of melon
Hard boiled eggs
Lasagna
Most Italian food
Indian food
Mexican food
Coffee
Green beans
Oatmeal
Most breakfast foods
Plain cheese (uncooked and not in anything. fucking ew.)
All pie except: cherry, strawberry rhubarb, chocolate, and banana cream
Cake (i only like cupcakes)
Most mushrooms
Pears
Currants
Figs
Dates
Coconut (i ONLY like it fresh)
Noni (who would ever want to eat one of these?????)

And the list goes on.

Anyway, it's far too much trouble to even mention any of this to my roommates... so I'm not sure why they get so offended when I won't eat something. "Oh, first you eat chicken, now you don't, blah blah". Don't even worry about it. My eating or not, is not your issue. I'll eat what I want... and I'll deal with it if you make something I won't eat. Why even worry about it?

My hatred of eating has nothing to do with you.

No comments: