Monday, January 17, 2011

You Don't Know

That song I recited at my mother's funeral?
The one you all loved the words to.
The one you all asked me about.
So that you could get it on itunes.


The thing you don't know about those lovely, fitting lyrics is...

They're screamed.

Even though you won't see what I'm seeing, I would love for you to feel what I'm feeling. The impact and the ease after. Rest assured that the pain will fade. Right outside the inspiration is told, I'll carry on what I know. That is what I need for my sickness, a transition to new medium. Breakaway from the world and stick to rhythm. Rust assured that the pain will fade. If I don't walk blindside, I'll roll right. If I hold sight, I'll roll right. I'm sure we see that same way, just not from the same place. I need a medium. I need a balance. - Hot Water Music, "Rest Assured".

No comments: