Wednesday, January 26, 2011

And Then There Were Ten

Tonight, we got super shitty news.
One of our group members, Antoine, is leaving tomorrow.

He'll probably maybe still be in town, living with some friends of his here, but it's still shitty that he won't be our roommate/housemate/katimamate anymore.

He's a really great guy and although group situations don't really go to well with him, he's great when you get him one on one, so it's really unfortunate that he'll be leaving us.

Not to pass judgement on anyone who would come in to fill his spot, but I really hope no one does. We all have an understanding of each other now and a family dynamic. I think it would be really hard for anyone to come in and try to belong... they'd be like the outsider cousin or something.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE.

I got a huge German flag for my bed. It's so reclusive now. There's my Union Jack at the foot, the German flag covering from the foot to about my shoulders, and the rest of the way is covered by the wanted poster flag thing of Jim Morrison that I got when I was in Melbourne. So that's super nice.

My bunk-mate Emily got a... mosquito netting thing? I don't know how to describe it. One of those princessy things that hangs from the ceiling and floats over your bed... it's really long and covers my lower bunk too. I like it. Everyone else has kindof normal beds. Sarah's got a blanket barrier for her bunk, but just on the one side, and Isabelle has the Quebec flag hanging at the foot of her bed, but no one else's looks as insane as ours.

I also bought Lethal Weapon 1 and 2 since they were on sale and I couldn't resist, as well as some really cute and comfy Burton pinguin socks. I was going to buy this sweet pair of Volcom socks, but then realized they weren't at all in my size which was disappointing. But honestly, I like the Burton ones better, so whatever.

We're so busy this week. I'm really glad I have the latter half of my mornings working in the library. It lets me just chill out and read Harry Potter for an hour or so. Usually like two hours.

I was ridiculously excited to be house manager the week after next, but now I'm starting to plan what food I want to make with Paul and it's kind of freaking me out. I'm not sure how to get the correct balance of meat for everyone else. I mean, for me personally, I can just leave the meat out of whatever I'm making, but I'm not sure how much meat everyone else wants... Seeing as I've never really been a fan of meat anyway, I really wouldn't know. So far, I still have to plan 5 dinners. All the other meals, I've got ideas and recipes for.

Paul wants Indian food and some Alfredo. So I planned a coronation chicken curry dinner for Wednesday. And I think we could do the Alfredo either Friday or Saturday. I really want to avoid beef in the menu as it is my least favourite meat. I planned a ham and cheese toastie for one of the lunches, and can just leave ham out of mine, which is fine... but I honestly don't even want to touch beef. It icks me out so bad.

No comments: