Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Smitten For The Mitten

This post is not about Michigan or my tattoo. However, it does involve Chiodos. But first...

Back when I went to college, I had French in the morning, and Russian in the evening at the same campus which was in ButtFuck Egypt, so I would have to stay there all day. After French, my friend Amanda and I would go eat pizza and bread sticks in the dining area and browse stuff on our computers, then we would head up to her American History class. I wasn't in this class at all, but that was the only room where I could actually get the internet on my laptop in the whole school.

The teacher thought I was actually in the class and that my name was Alexandra Hamilton. Historical throwback... see what I did there? I know you do. Anyway. I was his favourite student since I was the only one who actually knew answers, asked questions, and participated in class discussions... and I aced all of the tests without having a book or studying!!! And without being enrolled in the class... Shear Genius. Heh.

I would also like to address the film "Paranormal Activity". THIS MOVIE IS TERRIFYING!!!!!!!!! ...to wimps. I don't find myself in this category, so I merely found myself bored. I'm fairly certain I just don't scare easily or something. Def. reminded me of a time I was in Scotland on some ghosty tour with my mum and we were in this dark room and I wanted to sneak behind the tourguide who was facing us in the pitch black and like... make him shit his pants or whatever by jumping out and grabbing him, but instead, two people were clinging onto me for dear life in sheer terror as I laughed my ass off at the person who ran in to attempt to frighten all of us. Didn't work on me.

Some people have said, "Oh... but it's scarier if you actually believe in ghosts and such!" Well newsflash, I DO BELIEVE IN GHOSTS! But I also believe in good acting... which was not in this film!!! So. Bad. It had me laughing. Only, the thing is, unlike the movie Wrong Turn, which is absolutely abysmally bad to the point that it is hilariously good, Paranormal Activity was just bad. And boring.

Now for the Chiodos part...
The song Smitten for the Mitten is basically amazing and I'm suddenly even more glad I have it as a tattoo.

This is all.

No comments: