Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This Is My World

So clearly I love Rammstein, but the other day, I discovered a not-so-new but not-so-known band called Emigrate. It's the on-hold side project of Rammstein's lead guitarist Richard Kruspe (who is a total babe, by the way). Anyway, the styles are pretty different, Emigrate is more mellow, but still really good, and Richard being the lead guitarist for both bands, the guitar parts are a little similar, which is good because they're both amazing and a half in that department. All of Emigrate's lyrics are in English, which isn't as cool as German, but it makes it a little nicer to immediately know what's going on in the song instead of being under the impression that it's about something completely different... like Keine Lust. Richard definitely has a unique singing voice, and I guess it's either hit or miss as I really like it, but it bugs my friend Ben. So yeah... anyway, the debut album is really good. So far Emigrate, My World, and New York City are my favourite songs. I'll probably blab more about this later.

On another happy note, my iTunes was playing Rosenrot this morning when I woke up.

No comments: