Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Reading... or, Why I Wish I Lived In England Right Now

Summer music festivals are a staple for anyone in the whole... "scene" as it were. And even people who aren't regularly included in said group.

I, personally, have never attended a summer music festival. Ever.

I've been to shows all over, but I've never been to Warped, The Bamboozle, Bonnaroo, SXSW, Coachella, SCENE, or, awkwardly enough, NXNE. (However, I can scratch NXNE off my list in a few weeks as it takes place here in Toronto, and I am [hopefully] going to at least a few shows. Also, SCENE in St. Catherine's for my birthday in late June.)

Never having been able to attend any of the above, it is my dearest and sincerest wish to go to some of the European summer music festivals. Namely Reading Festival, and Rock Am Ring, in Germany. Exclusively for their brilliant lineups...

Reading 2011:
My Chemical Romance, Bring Me The Horizon, New Found Glory, The Strokes, The National, Jimmy Eat World, Muse, Enter Shikari, Frank Turner, Taking Back Sunday, The Naked And Famous, Jane's Addiction, Crystal Castles, OFWGKTA, Panic! At The Disco, Best Coast, Fucked Up, DRUGS, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, Comeback Kid, Boysetsfire, Title Fight, Descendents, Flogging Molly, and Hot Water Music.

Rock Am Ring 2011:
Kings Of Leon, DeadmatInu5, Interpol, The Gaslight Anthem, Plain White T's, The Pretty Reckless, August Burns Red, All That Remains, Disturbed, Bring Me The Horizon, Hollywood Undead, Escape The Fate, System Of A Down, Simple Plan, Silverstein, and Frank Turner.

So tired of living on this continent. Get me somewhere better with more culture, please?

No comments: