Sunday, May 29, 2011

Summertime Forever

June is just a few days away and I couldn't imagine myself being more excited for the summer. I can already tell this one is going to be amazing. Last summer in North America for... well, hopefully a long while.

I'll spend most of the earlier half of the month longboarding around, playing my bass... roller skating... the usual. David comes home on the 18th or something. I can't wait; I haven't seen him since the day I left for Alberta in January. We will have SO much fun and shenanigans. Hopefully I'll visit Michigan, pick up Otto dearest, and make cupcakes with Eva as test trials for her wedding deserts.

At some point, I need to acquire this lovely item because a. it's fashionable, b. Cézanne was smart, and c. great things can be done with small objects. Of course I also want the saying as a tattoo, but that comes later. Right now, I just want a new jumper.

I want to go to SCENE fest in St. Catherine's on the 26th for my birthday... and then perhaps go visit Chris in Brooklyn once I've actually turned twenty-one. Just kill me now because that sounds SO old!!! I promised Simon and Christina I would visit them in Quebec so I need to get out to Montreal at some point. Preferably after Isa gets home. I really, really need to go back to Aux Vivres and get a few more of their vegan BLTs because they're better than oxygen. ...And talking of Katimafriends getting home, Anelia and I promised each other we would go to This Is London together at some point.

I need to get my ass on to getting a Canadian passport so that I can submit a visa application in time to leave in November. Luckily, I started that when I was in Canmore and most of my application is already filled out, so I just have to a little extra work on that which shouldn't be too complicated.

In July, I want to go back to California, because I guess I just like it there in July? I'll have to go back to San Francisco and hang out in the Haight some more as I really liked it there. I'll also need to actually visit the Castro, the Tenderloin, and Alcatraz as I didn't actually make it out last time I was there. I want to go back to the Mission and get some of that amazing Tartine bread, so I'll have to get there early because I know they sell out fast! And while I'm in the Mission, I'll have to go back to the Mission Bicycle shop because it's pretty much my favourite bike shop in the world.

I'll definitely be bringing my surf board and going down to Santa Cruz. I need to get some quality beach time and surf mornings in. My mother is in that water now, so I'll be that more inclined to stay in it longer. I can't miss the boardwalk or Mexican food up in Boulder Creek. I should definitely have some cousin hang time with Clarissa because she's like 12 or something crazy like that now, and she's really cool. I'm pretty much stoked to see everyone though.

Eva is getting married in August so I'll be back in Michigan for that. I'm super excited. Genevieve and I are making cupcakes for the wedding which should be great... I'm so crazy about cupcakes, I'm already looking up recipes to try out.

I'm also really, really, really excited about September. I gauged the approximate cost of staying in hostels around the American south for the whole month and it's about the same as rent would be, a bit more, perhaps, but what is saving up for, after all? My plans are to spend a week in Nashville and Memphis each, some days in Georgia or Arkansas, a week in New Orleans, and the rest of the month in Austin. The south is really the only place I haven't been yet, so I'm really excited for it.

I have no idea what I'm doing for October, but I fully intend to jet off to London, England in November. Hopefully, anyway. G and I will have a grand old time, I'm sure. And talking of London, if I really do love it so much, I'll take a leaf out of his book and go to school there. I'm thinking theatre with a minor in photography. I always did like the arts more than anything practical. I'm really, really excited about living in Europe.

No comments: