Monday, June 20, 2011

Italian Food

...I don't get it. Like. It's not horribly nauseating or disgusting or anything. It's acceptable and tasty enough... especially if you're actually in Italy. But I really don't understand the hoopla over Italian food.

I understand why people love Sorbetto and Gelato.

But I can't comprehend people's adoration for lasagna or tortellini or ravioli. Like I'll eat it if there's nothing else, but it isn't a thing I would ever choose.

My general revulsion for Italian food does not include desserts. Actually. I pretty much love every dessert ever unless it involves coffee or melon. Because I loathe both coffee and melon.

In addition to my lack of understanding where it comes to people's love of Italian food, I also fail to comprehend why people think English food is so sketch.

I happen to LOVE English food. I like beans on toast. I like full breakfast. I like black and white pudding. I even like Haggis. Which, although not actually "English", is "British", so I mentioned it anyway. I love offal. I love head meat.

This seemed to baffle the people I shared a house with in Katimavik. They didn't understand how I could worship haggis and black pudding but have never eaten more than a few bites of steak in my life. They also didn't really comprehend that as a vegetarian, they couldn't just make everyone a salad and say that it was my main course. I also don't understand their issues with the fact that they'd make some sketch vegetarian dish, and then i wouldn't eat it, and they'd get frustrated and pissy about it. But then again. I really don't do well with structure when it comes to food. I eat when I'm hungry. When I'm not hungry, I don't eat. When the food looks the opposite of appetising, I don't eat. When I feel fat, I don't eat.

But, in the category of things that I will ALWAYS eat: asian food. Every single time. I love Asian food. I love Thai. I love Chinese. I love Japanese. I just love, love, love any sort of Asian food.

So if you want me to eat, no matter what, feed me Asian.

I can never resist.

No comments: