Friday, August 30, 2013

Incase You Were Unaware...

I do makeup tutorials (amongst other things) on YouTube.

I've gotten myself into a series that is somehow less daunting than reading the book series that the ideas for these looks came from.

There are five books in the A Song Of Ice And Fire series, and all of them are about 1,000 pages long. Last spring, I got super excited and ordered them all and then when they arrived and I realized that I had to read an adult book series, it was kind of terrifying. But they're amazing and devastating and fantasy-ish, so it was all fine and I got through it.

After that, a 'Great Houses of Westeros' makeup series can't be too bad... right?

The Great Houses are:

      Lannister, Greyjoy, Tyrell, Stark, Baratheon, Martell, Tully, Arryn, and Targaryen.

Wait... really, is that all? It is! How exciting. That means that today, since I filmed Baratheon, I'm over the hump! I only have four left! On the even brighter side, I have a good idea of what I want to do for Martell, Arryn, and Tully, I'm still a little unsure of Targaryen.

I'm trying to make all the looks both relatively wearable and yet still clearly inspired by their respective houses. Of course, wearable is entirely subjective. For instance, apparently some people think hot yoga shorts aren't wearable outside of hot yoga classes. How strange.

Anyway, I thought I'd post the first three looks of this series as... they're the first three I have up on YouTube.




No comments: