Monday, August 26, 2013

I Am Not Tan.

People love to tell me how tan I am. Or, here in England, they say I'm 'tanned'. Which is even more irritating as it comes with the presumption that this is not my natural skin colour. I appear to be Caucasian, so I must just be a white person who had gotten 'tanned'. 

How fucking racist. 

If anyone is at all aware of the MAC foundation system, most white people are somewhere around NW10 - NW20. Which is pale skin with a pink undertone. My winter shade is NC35. That's yellow-tone and of the medium variety, and that's what colour I am all over. It's my dead of winter default. (But Jordan, it's summer!) yes, and I'm a fucking vampire. I am pale. 

People think I'm being ridiculous when I say that. You're not pale! You're tan! No. I am pale. I'm so fucking pale, people think I'm white. But I'm not. I mean, I'm partly white, but so is Obama and you don't see people calling him white, do you? 

But anyway, people say I'm tan like its a compliment. Like pasty white is the default and my skin needed to be changed from the 'normal' white by the sun. Nope. Wrong. Rude. Racist. 

It seems like such a small thing, probably. But I find it so offensive. Like, let me get an actual tan, and then you can compliment me on that. Until then, you can go fuck yourself. 

No comments: