Tuesday, September 28, 2010

HALLOWEEN!

Here in Toronto, there's always a crazy to-do down in the village on Halloween. I went last year and everyone wanted a picture with me because I went as David Bowie a la Ziggy Stardust (and the day before, I went partying with my friend as Aladdin Sane).

People seem to dig originality in terms of costumes, which is why instead of being someone who's popular now, I want to be someone fucking crazy from the late 70s... or early 90s. Because I'm pretty sure I'll see at least 15 Lady GaGa's.

I've narrowed my choices down to three.
- Debbie Harry
- Nancy Spungen
- Courtney Love

All have blond hair. All are kinda punk. All are fucking nuts. And I'm pretty sure no one else will be being any of them. Because, like the reaction I got from my friend when I told her I wanted to be Courtney Love (or something) shows, who would?

"I think I might be Courtney Love for Halloween."
"Ew. Why?"
"Why not? Who else would do?"
"Oh. True."

I don't want to run into another of myself in the village.

No comments: