Sunday, June 13, 2010

World Cup Summer

!!!! YES!!! FINALLY!!! IT'S HERE!!! THE WORLD CUP!!!

I've literally been waiting for this week since I was like fifteen years old, nearly sixteen. The World Cup has begun and all hell has broken loose over in Europe. I'm so jealous that I am not over there. I am determined to be there in 2014.

But I digress.

None of my friends seem to care that it's a World Cup summer... which is sad, because if they had ever been to Europe during one... gah... it's like magic.

I wish it were more like that over here. I mean... it's way better in Canada than in the United States. I went to Sneaky Dee's last night and they had flags of the World up... and College St. was a party. But it's nothing compared to Europe.

I really miss being in Amsterdam... party city. I remember when France won the quarter finals or something like that, there were literally people screaming and running through the streets with the French flag, celebrating.

I somewhat doubt that will happen here.

Oh well, it's better than being in Michigan where no one has a clue that the rest of the world is in a celebratory uproar the size of the Olympics. So lame. I wish North America was more European... I bet they're going crazy down in South America.

My South African friend Lees is so lucky! She's going to see Germany play Australia tonight!!! SO. JEALOUS! I would LOVE to see either of those teams play, and I'll for sure be watching it on a livestream... but it's not the same as being there! I remember being sixteen and all I wanted was to go to Germany and watch the matches from the stadiums. But being in Italy was for sure the next best thing.

I'm so disappointed in North America... ugh.

No comments: