Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sliding In The Rain


The day before my birthday, my friend and I went riding downtown in the rain. We had some reason for doing this... Oh. Right. We were going to go see if Fressen had any openings. But... we got side-tracked by riding around in the rain with the riot cops who had come to celebrate my birthday and sort of forgot. We ended up getting some super nommy sushi instead. But anyway my (least) favourite part of the night was when I rode into some street car tracks and was vaulted from my bike and onto the wet asphalt. I slid 3 feet along the road... which was sort of fun and would have been more fun if I had been wearing pants and shoes instead of shorts and flip-flops.

Every time I fall off my bike, my first reaction is, "BAHAHAHA!!!" my second is, "OH GOD, IS MY BIKE OKAY?!?!?!" and on Saturday, my third was, "Where the fuck has my flip-flop gotten to?". I let everyone else worry about the, "OH GOD ARE YOU OKAY!?!!?" part.

As evidenced in the photograph above, I took off some layers of skin. Which didn't hurt at all just then because of the adrenaline coursing through my veins. They started to hurt a bit later on our way to get sushi. And while I was sitting in the sushi restaurant, everything decided to swell from impact and it just super sucked.

It kinda ruined my whole birthday a little bit, since the original plan had been to get a soccer ball (which I did get from my bestfriend) and play soccer the whole weekend. Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to play with the lovely ball properly until everything heals and I'm home again. By which point in time, it'll be the end of July. What a bummer!!!

On the bright side, my bike was technically an early birthday present from my late mother, so I've been getting a whole lot of use out of that! I'm a superfan of it, and it's a real pal. Too bad I can't take it to California with me... but then again, with those hills, would I really want to?

No comments: