Monday, October 26, 2009

Ziggy Stardust Vs. Aladdin Sane

So. I'm very meticulous when it comes to getting things right. And no one ever seems to get Aladdin Sane right. And yes, I realize that Aladdin is basically just a development of Ziggy. But at the same time, Aladdin is still Aladdin and not Ziggy Stardust. Different album, different character.

Aladdin Sane is actually the most famous character Bowie created when people think of Bowie. The lightning bolt makeup, the red mullet. Yet Ziggy Stardust is the most well known by name of Bowie's characters. And the thing is, people always mistake Aladdin Sane for Ziggy Stardust. When in fact, Ziggy never had a lightning bolt... to the best of my knowledge that is.

Ziggy Stardust looked like this:


And this is Aladdin Sane:


...just sayin'.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Thank you so much for this. I was trying to find pictures of Ziggy today, and all I got was a deluge of Aladdin Sane pics until I stumbled upon your blog. Ridiculous!