Saturday, October 24, 2009

Trick Or Treat, Thank You, Happy Halloweeeeeeeen

I used to have this creeper skeleton hand that would say those three phrases. It doubled as a candy bag collector thing before I got old enough to use a pillow case. Anyway. Halloween is in a week and I've only just decided what I'm being. Zombie GaGa. Because being actual Lady GaGa just isn't messy enough for me. I'm going for that more, newly dead, look than that rotting corpse look. Sort of like I have only just burst from the ground (dirt included). In order to do this, I have had to do some research on what actual dead people look like.

Now, as at least my parents are completely aware, dead bodies give me the creeps at funeral homes. I don't want to look at them, I don't want to touch them, and if there is an open casket, I'll be in the other room, thank-you-very-much. Apparently when my grandfather died, everyone went to go see him get cremated... where was I? At summer camp putting a car together. Funnest day ever! I wonder what I would have come up with to get me out of that had I not had camp to go to?

Anyway. The point is. I don't like dead bodies when they're like, 3 feet away. Apparently I'm not at all bothered by pictures though. In fact, I'm quite intrigued. There's this picture of a body lying open on an autopsy table. I'm sure most people think that's gross... but I'm absolutely fascinated by it. The main thing I've noticed about these bodies, is that in order to look dead, you have to have a kind of blue tinge to your lips. I think that's the key, because apart from that, and all the blood and gore of having severed legs and opened thoraxes, they look asleep.

I find myself obsessing over David Bowie of late. Because he is hot. And I really want his hair. And I wonder why in the world I never watched Labyrinth when I was a kid. Possibly my parents wanted to protect me from David Bowie's giant crotch that stars in nearly every scene. I'm sure I would have thoroughly enjoyed it though. Instead of being in love with Christopher Reeve and Harrison Ford forever, I could have been that one awesome six year old who walked around in Bowie t-shirts singing Space Oddity or something. Ah, well. I'll just get his face tattooed on my arm with his scene girl hair to make up for lost time at some point.

I've finally gone to the store and discovered they have a vegetarian and other health nuts aisle. Which makes it so much easier for me to stop being lame and go back to being vegan. They even have tofurkey!!! Stoked. Tofurkey is my favourite food in the world. Which reminds me that I am hungry and should go make some tofu scramble and juice. In a sec. Or two.

This is all for now. =]

No comments: