Monday, April 16, 2012

Someone Hide The Photoshop

When I was like 13, I used to play this game called Neopets all the time. It's a website where you have virtual pets and shops and items and you can play flash games for virtual money and it's this whole little world, and it's fun and cool.

Anyway, when I was 12-13, I had some sort of photo editing software... Paint Shop Pro, I think? People used to give me little items or NeoPoints or whatever and I'd make them little graphics for their shops or their clubs or userpages or whatever.

I liked making graphics. It was fun. I had my own little angelfire site called Speckled Negg Graphics. Because why not? It's adorable.

When I got a little older, I obsessively made Pirates of the Caribbean user icons (small 100x100 pixel pictures) for livejournal. I think I still actually have an embarrassingly massive collection of user icons squirrelled away in my photobucket.

So basically, from when I was 12 until I was about 18, I would play around on photoshop and make things all the time. It was really fun and I was pretty good at it.

And then I didn't have photo editing software for like a year and a half. But then, when I first moved to Parkdale and got my DSLR, I managed to acquire a copy of Photo Shop Elements, which is just a basic photo editing software program. And I think I mostly just did photo editing with it. Sometimes I'd put text over pictures... but nothing too extravagant.

ANYWAY. As of last night, I have full-fledged photoshop on my computer... aaand I've started making graphics again. And I can do more stuff now since I have better software and way more experience than I did before. So that's fun.
But also, oh god, what will this unleash? (Nothing to horrid, I'm sure.)

I would also like to bring attention to this man:


His name is Peter and he's amazing.

He plays my favourite character (Tyrion) on Game of Thrones.

Also. Look at how handsome he is.
He's totally dreamy and a really good actor.

He was in both versions of Death at a Funeral, and totally hysterical in both. Those are also just really funny movies, anyway.

Maybe I'll make a lame header for this blog for once... it's looked the same since I was 18.

No comments: