Sunday, December 4, 2011

Things I Do

I'm in San Diego now.
I work at a hostel in the gaslamp.
I'm the only girl.
I have 4 roommates. They're all guys.
We sleep in a 3-storey death trap. Basically.
But it's really cool. In fact. It's probably; the coolest place I've ever lived.
Having 4 guy roommates is a million times better than having 5 girl roommates.
Also, California is better than Alberta. Like. A lot.
I feel a little rebellious sharing a room with 4 guys.
Mostly because even public bathrooms are kept separate.
Even though I'm 21. And it's not like I've never slept with guys before.
But still. I've never actually gotten to share a room with them. It was always against some rule.
The nightlife here is really great. We go out a lot. It's actually a part of our jobs.
We went to a pretentious 3-storey club called Stingaree's last night. It had an outside upper deck which was beautiful.
I decided to suit the occasion and drink iced water with lemon in martini glasses all night.
The ends of them were really sour since the lemon would side there, so my face would squick like I was actually drinking alcohol.
And not drinking water out of a martini glass like the pretentious ass I actually am.
I met the most perfect looking tattoo artist there. He only does oldschool stuff.
Having tattoo artists as friends is my favourite thing ever.
Half the staff/my roommates are sick today. Including myself.
Instead of going to TJ or Boudoir, I'm staying in with my computer.
Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.
I like California and I love the hostelling thing. I meet tonnes of really awesome people all the time.
I haven't been to the beach, yet.
Not as though there's really any point right now. I'm not allowed to swim for another 4 weeks.

Anyway. That's my life right now.

No comments: