Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Enemy Of The World

Once upon a time, my buddy Jason let me write and album review for his website. This was terrifying, by the way, as when it comes to writing, I feel like I have no idea what the balls I'm doing... even if I appear to. But anyway. Yesterday, Four Year Strong's new album was released. It's called Enemy of the World. And it is amazing. So... I thought I'd review it for my own blog. And since it's my blog, I know I can do whatever the fuck I want in terms of writing as if you dislike my writing, you wouldn't be reading my blog, so it's all g.

I love Four Year Strong. I have an FYS tattoo. Well. Kinda. It's FYS lyrics with a Tokidoki character. A few of my friends and I all have the same lyrics with different Tokidoki tattoos. Mine is Mozzarella, she's a girl in a cow-suit with a tommy-gun, and she's part of the Moofia. They stand up for kids on the playground against bullies who try and steal their milk. And under it, is the line TEAM UP! from Heroes Get Remembered, Legends Never Die.

The first time I listened to Enemy of the World was kind of like the first time I listened to Homesick by ADTR. I was like whoa. LIKE. WHOA. It's an amazing record. Some bands change their sound from album to album, but this is pretty much FYS exactly as you'd expect them to sound. Which is good, because I really like the way they sound. My favourite track as of now is the title track, which happens to be the last track on the album. But as I listen to it more and more, I expect this to change as ever. I always rotate around which songs I like the best.

I spent all of last night listening to this and all I can think about is when I can go see them play live. So good. So, yeah. You should go to your local independent record store and pick this up, if they have it. Because it's amazing and definitely worth the money.

No comments: